By Victoria Findlay Wolfe
Scraps by no means seemed so reliable! this can be improvisational piecing reinvented—learn the best way to create a distinct piece of "made-fabric" in precisely quarter-hour with Victoria Findlay Wolfe's improvisational scrap-piecing tools, then contain your made-fabric into conventional cover blocks. As you play, you'll sharpen your layout abilities and know about combining shades and prints in new ways...then watch your cover layout emerge. notice simply how certain vintage blocks like Sawtooth famous person or Flying ducks should be, while they're developed with extra spunk and spontaneity! contains eleven problem workouts to reinforce your inventive muscle tissues, plus an inspirational cover gallery.
Read or Download 15 Minutes of Play—Improvisational Quilts: Made-Fabric Piecing,Traditional Blocks, Scrap Challenges PDF
Best crafts books
It's a thrilling new international for crafters. hand-crafted is hip, creativity is what the industry desires, and there are various ecocnomic revenues possibilities that didn't exist a number of brief years in the past. For crafters who've extra self belief working a stitching computer than constructing a website, The hand-crafted market breaks down and is smart of the worldwide probabilities for advertising and marketing and promoting crafts.
Studying easy methods to stitch hasn't ever been less complicated! get pleasure from this beginner's consultant that takes you via the hand like a private teacher and teaches you ways to stitch utilizing hand stiches in addition to stitching machines. choked with distinct descriptions of fabrics and instruments, the straightforward step by step directions for the entire uncomplicated stitching concepts may have you growing initiatives like aprons, pillows, or even pants and shorts very quickly.
Create lovely smooth quilts and quilted tasks from jelly rolls, layer brownies and different pre-cuts textile bundles. that includes 25 small and massive tasks, every one made of pre-cut bundles of material, together with complete sized mattress quilts, baggage and desk runners. Be encouraged through superb modern cover designs utilizing the main interesting cloth traces, and fritter away the leftovers to make quickly and simple small quilted tasks.
- Hooked on Crochet: 20 Sassy Projects
- Handmade Hostess: 12 Imaginative Party Ideas for Unforgettable Entertaining 36 Sewing & Craft Projects
- First Time Sewing: Step-by-Step Basics and Easy Projects
- Fantasy Creatures in Clay: Techniques for Sculpting Dragons, Griffins and More
Additional resources for 15 Minutes of Play—Improvisational Quilts: Made-Fabric Piecing,Traditional Blocks, Scrap Challenges
6. Align the next scrap right sides together with the straight edge trimmed in Step 5. Make sure the new scrap is long enough to cover the straight edge of the center and the first piece. Sew the seam and trim the seam allowance, if needed. 7. Open the pieces, and press (Figure 3). 8. Repeat Steps 5–7 around the block, any way you like (Figure 4), until you have a piece slightly larger than the block size you need; press (Figures 5). Little Brick Houses, Donna Mae Elfering, quilted by Jackie Kunkel, 2011, 53˝ × 65˝ Donna cut completely random five-sided shapes before she started adding her aqua blue scraps around each shape.
Cut 4 squares 41/2˝ × 41/2˝ (C). ” Learning this trick will provide you with a useful technique to facilitate making more interesting quilt blocks and Made-Fabric. Take 15 minutes to play with Y-seams. Once you master them, you will have a valuable tool to create unique quilts. 1. With right sides together, place a triangle on a parallelogram as shown. Sew using a ¼˝ seam allowance, stopping ¼˝ before the end of the fabric. Backstitch and cut the threads. Press the seam open. 2. With right sides together, place the next parallelogram on top of the right edge of the triangle.
Ar Cut. 4¾˝ Ar Cut. 2½˝ Background fabric: Cut 1 square 51/4˝ × 51/4˝; cut in half diagonally in both directions to make 4 quarter-square triangles (B). Cut 4 squares 41/2˝ × 41/2˝ (C). ” Learning this trick will provide you with a useful technique to facilitate making more interesting quilt blocks and Made-Fabric. Take 15 minutes to play with Y-seams. Once you master them, you will have a valuable tool to create unique quilts. 1. With right sides together, place a triangle on a parallelogram as shown.
15 Minutes of Play—Improvisational Quilts: Made-Fabric Piecing,Traditional Blocks, Scrap Challenges by Victoria Findlay Wolfe