By Jenn Mason
By way of blending rather basic jewellery making equipment with general paper arts options, Altered Paper Jewelry deals paper crafters, altered artwork aficionados, and jewellery makers artistic new principles for growing fashionable and modern jewellery from lovely paper.
In this booklet, bracelets, necklaces, jewelry and different jewellery might be embellished and built with came across paper, pictures and gorgeous scrapbook papers. Beads should be formed from rolled paper, coated with decoupage, and molded with paper craft add-ons. Paper-like fabrics resembling vellum, transparencies, curb plastic and printable textile paper could be punched, reduce, reduced in size and rolled into mini wearable masterpieces. Paper might be folded into lockets, embedded into belt buckles, and stuck into designated shapes, all within the pursuit of non-public adornment. Illustrated step by step directions and templates integrated.
Read Online or Download Altered Paper Jewelry: Artful Adornments from Beautiful Papers PDF
Best crafts books
It's an exhilarating new international for crafters. home made is hip, creativity is what the marketplace desires, and there are numerous ecocnomic revenues possibilities that didn't exist a couple of brief years in the past. For crafters who've extra self belief operating a stitching computing device than establishing an internet site, The hand-crafted industry breaks down and is sensible of the worldwide chances for advertising and marketing and promoting crafts.
Studying find out how to stitch hasn't ever been easier! get pleasure from this beginner's advisor that takes you by means of the hand like a private teacher and teaches you the way to stitch utilizing hand stiches in addition to stitching machines. packed with certain descriptions of fabrics and instruments, the simple step by step directions for the entire uncomplicated stitching ideas could have you developing tasks like aprons, pillows, or even pants and shorts very quickly.
Create attractive sleek quilts and quilted initiatives from jelly rolls, layer tarts and different pre-cuts cloth bundles. that includes 25 small and massive initiatives, each one made up of pre-cut bundles of material, together with complete sized mattress quilts, luggage and desk runners. Be encouraged by means of incredible modern duvet designs utilizing the main fascinating cloth traces, and burn up the leftovers to make fast and straightforward small quilted tasks.
- Positively Crochet!: 50 Fashionable Projects and Inspirational Tips
- Bead & Wire Art Jewelry: Techniques & Designs for all Skill Levels
- Print & Stamp Lab: 52 Ideas for Handmade, Upcycled Print Tools
- Authentic American Indian Beadwork and How to Do It: With 50 Charts for Bead Weaving and 21 Full-Size Patterns for Applique
- Sort-of-Difficult Origami (Snap Books: Origami)
Additional info for Altered Paper Jewelry: Artful Adornments from Beautiful Papers
3. two double jump rings toggle clasp 4. Cover your work surface with wax paper. Cut script sections from a vintage book. Coat the strips of paper with gloss gel and adhere them to the wooden bead. 5. 6. 7. String the wooden bead between the two copper beads onto the rubber tubing. Add an end crimp (page 17) to each end of the rubber tubing. Use double jump rings (page 16) to add the toggle clasp. Coat the entire bead with gloss gel and let dry. C O L L A G E D A N D L A Y E R E D 49 50 A L T E R E D P A P E R J E W E L R Y Kimono-esque Jewel: Paper-Encased Bead Pendant Materials I adore simple projects that provide a lot of pow!
The true bling in this book comes courtesy of the Suspended Sparkler necklace (page 64) and its variation, Chandelier Chic earrings (page 66), in which vintage chandelier crystals are repurposed for a glamorous result. Rose-Colored Readers (page 68) begs you to alter your reading or sunglasses with paper and resin, while the Buckle, Buckle resin-covered belt (page 70) begs the question—is a belt simply utilitarian or a hip accessory? Not to be outdone, the Paper Bling necklace (page 72) will have your friends guessing what materials you used.
If you’re in the mood to wrap it all up, then Kimono-esque Jewel (page 50) is the piece for you; I’ll show you how to take a jumbo bead and make it paperlicious. And, in the paper-encased variation, Conquering Cuff (page 52), you’ll find out that a good message is worth repeating. Make sure your acrylic gel supply is optimal and your distractions minimal and get into the groove with these collaged and layered pieces. No matter which project you choose to create, you’re sure to make a statement.
Altered Paper Jewelry: Artful Adornments from Beautiful Papers by Jenn Mason